Position Filled***EXPERIENCED VETERINARY SURGEON REQUIRED***Position Filled
Small Animal / Mixed Animal Vet Required
We are an independent and employee owned practice and will be remaining so. We were the first practice to become employee owned. We have a genuine mixed caseload of small animals, suckler and sheep farms, smallholders and some equine. We are looking for ideally a mixed vet with a bias towards small animals or a small animal vet. For our mixed vets we aim to have separate SA and LA days as often as possible. We are interested to hear from both full or part time applicants and some flexibility to working hours can be discussed and considered.
- 8:45 – 5:30 working hours, no evening surgeries
- On call is required and usually proportional to days worked
- Always two vets at least on call and an RVN for weekends
- Experienced back up available as required
- Saturdays 9-1 and included with on call weekend rather than as extra
- CPD up to 5 days and £1000/yr but flexible
- Holidays equate to 6.5 weeks a year including bank holidays for full time vets, with extra days available for long service
- Mix of 4 and 4.5 day week for our full time vets but can be discussed further on application
- VDS/RCVS/BVA paid
- Salary likely to be £35K to £55K
- Annual tax free profit share
- Car provided or pool car available or mileage and insurance paid for own car use
- Staff dogs very welcome to come to work and you only pay cost price for treatments for your pets We have all the usual equipment you would expect, including DR X-ray and dental X-ray and a recently upgraded ultrasound machine. We have separate cat and dog wards and are ISFM silver cat friendly practice. The practice is in a large building with plenty of outside space, 3 consulting rooms, two separate theatres, a large prep and separate imaging room and dental room. We have visiting cardiac, soft tissue and orthopaedic vets which also allow an option for laparoscopic procedures for our clients. We have a strong team ethos and aim to be an approachable, friendly and supportive practice in a beautiful area of the country. We provide an excellent standard of care to our patients and clients in our local community and aim for continuity of care as much as possible but with full support of the team when needed. Check out our Facebook pages Arrowfield Vet Practice and Arrowfield Vets Large Animal page
If you are interested please complete the application form below and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Filled *********** Trainee Veterinary Nurse *********** Position Filled
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated person to join our nursing team, working in our independent, employee owned, mixed practice.
This role is for a training position working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing with practical training in the veterinary practice and academic theory that will be gained through college attendance in Monmouth.
This role will include:-
- Preparing and cleaning animal accommodation and in-Patient care and monitoring
- Restraining animals while they are examined and treated
- Cleaning and preparing surgical equipment. Sterilising all surgical instruments
- Collecting samples required for diagnosis and analysing these samples to gain results
- Assisting with diagnostic imaging and x-rays
- Monitoring anaesthesia in a range of species
- Assisting in theatre with surgical procedures
- Nurse clinics
- Covering Reception duties and answering telephone calls as required
- Other duties as required
We need a good team player with a genuine passion for animals. We offer a busy practice with friendly staff!
Requirements for Veterinary Nurse training are: –
- 17 years or over
- A minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent), at grade 4-9 or C and above. They must include English, Mathematics and a Science subject (biology, chemistry or physics).
Closing date for applications is 30th June 2023